Sunday, July 12, 2009

How does your garden grow?

Jack loves to help me with our(under performing)garden! He loves to water, pull weeds and check out what is growing under the leafy greens. Currently, we have lots of green beans, arugula and zucchini. I think our carrots and tomatoes are starting to rebound and we FINALLY have a little bitty eggplant starting to grow! While gardening with your precious and all too eager 3 year old has many wonderful benefits, it also comes with a few pitfalls. This morning, Daddy allowed Jack to give our veggies a much needed drink. However, a drink and a flood are two very different things! When I walked outside to get some pictures of our budding gardener, I was dismayed(ok, and a little amused) to see him sloshing around in the mud digging precariously close to my sad little tomato plants...sigh. He was SO proud telling me that he was looking for killer snakes. Why you ask? Jack is into all things deadly these days and often describes his plan of attack for protecting his mother from these creatures. Too funny, but also a little disturbing. Who knew I would have given birth to the new and upcoming Steve Irwin. We all know how that ended, so let's just hope he makes his way back to wanting to be a paleontologist. Anyways, I digress. Here are some pics of our ark worthy victory garden!





No comments: