Monday, April 7, 2008

Lazy Weekend






It's Monday...(sigh)I am wishing it was Sunday morning once again. This weekend was deliciously quiet with much of our time spent sipping iced tea under the umbrella in the backyard. Friday night we treated Jack to dinner at a local hamburger restaurant for some cheeseburgers and onion rings. Such fun to listen to 50's music and watch the servers do line dances to the beat. Saturday was quiet with not much to do. Sunday was more of the same. Enjoying the breeze, listening to music and hanging out in the yard. Our roses and orange jubilees are bursting with flowers and everything is green again. After the boys cleaned the pool, they decided it was warm enough for a dip! I spent the day cooking for my boys(which most of you know I love to do!) I scored a flat of strawberries at the co-op grocery that we belong to for $8, so it was strawberry shortcake for desert. I also made my first ever batch of strawberry jam. As you can see from Jack's expression, it turned out to his liking!

No comments: