Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cowboy Cutie

Someone asked me recently what my favorite part of motherhood is. It's the small stuff. The mini moments in life that add up to a lifetime of love and memories. It's when you put your child to bed at night and he says, "I love you Princess Charming." It's when he busts out with a huge belly laugh as a lizard squirms in his little fingers. It's when he tells you a story that can't possibly be true, but you listen, engaged, like it's the most important part of your day and he swells with pride and self confidence....I am a lucky woman because that is my everyday reality. Being with Jack makes me a better person. He makes me take the time to enjoy an icecream cone, giggle while running through the sprinkler and realize how precious human touch can be. For him, I am thankful.





No comments: