Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!









I have to say, sometimes the cutest children's books are to my detriment. Jack loves a book called "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!" The little boy in the book paints himself and everything around him and his mother tells him that his painting days are over. Apparently, my son has selective hearing( I think that is an effect of having a Y chromosome) and didn't get it when the boys mommy took away all of the paint as a consequence to painting himself and the walls. Here are some pics of our little picasso with more paint on his face than his paper! As we were nearing the end of our art class, my son who loves to make handprints put his hand squarely on the edge of one of my dining room chairs! I literally felt the air suck out of the room as my temples began to pound and my breathing began to accelerate to near hyperventilation! Oh the horrors! Let me tell you, washable paint is NOT ALWAYS WASHABLE! We now have an unattractive blue stain on my previously stain-free dining chair. I am no match for this little hurricane in a bottle. After taking the prerequisite pictures of the finished canvas(Jack) it was straight to the bathtub. The water was dark gray when all was said and done. Kind of made me think what the water would look like when a chimney sweep bathes. Thank God for naptime!

No comments: