Monday, August 11, 2008

That's Some Logic!





Here are a couple of cute pics from the week. We had Grammie and Papa over for dinner on Wednesday for salad and pizza. I waas lucky to get this picture of Papa and Jack. Poor Grammie didn't get any pics because Jack was done being patient:) Jack had his first "corn on the cob" this week. Usually I cut the kernels off for him, but he man handled this giant cob and ate it all! He would have eaten the husk if I had let him. It was so cute because he kept thanking me for the corn telling me how delicious and marvelous it was and that I was a hardworker to make dinner for him:) So sweet! Now let's flip the switch and discuss another matter that was, let's just say this delicately, not sweet. On Saturday, Jack kept hitting daddy trying to get a rise out of him. I put him in timeout and when I told him that he needed to apologize to daddy in order to get out of timeout he told me, "I will just stay in timeout!" Yes, you did just really read that. I was SHOCKED to say the least and he continued to do time until he decided to say he was sorry. Later that same morning, he yelled that he wanted more milk. I politely explained to him that he didn't need to yell for me to hear him and asked him to ask me nicely by saying please. Generally , Jack is a pretty polite and well mannered child, so when he told me that he " didn't want milk anymore," I was again surprised with his strangely uncharacteristic of a 2 year old logic. I swear he is 2 going on 7. It amazes me that he can be so defiantly intelligent. Wow am I in for it. I have a feeling we have only scratched the surface.

No comments: